A thriving accountancy firm based 20 minutes easy commute between York and Harrogate, we are currently recruiting for:
#1 Bookkeeper – full time
#2 Payroll Officer – part / full time (minimum 4 day week)
#3 Senior Accountant – full time
To work with us you will need to be friendly, approachable and have a good sense of humour, as our team culture is hugely important. You will be self-motivated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy, whilst showing initiative and an ability to naturally assess your own performance.
You will work as part of the accounts team to provide an efficient, reliable and friendly service to personal and business clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out general bookkeeping for individual clients, some at the clients’ premises using SAGE, Quickbooks or Xero.
- Preparing documents and accounts accurately and ensuring deadlines are met for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly VAT returns when required.
- Prepare and process weekly/monthly payroll for clients using Sage 50 payroll.
- Ensure compliance with starter and leaver paperwork and pension auto enrolment
- Manage HMRC communications including RTI, dealing with queries and enquiries relating to payroll.
- CIS returns.
- Processing statutory payments, i.e. SSP, SMP etc. and attachment/deduction of earnings.
- Preparation and submission of payroll year end.
- Benefits in Kind and P11ds.
- You will be responsible for advising clients on their accountancy needs and dealing with any further requirements your clients may have.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Ideally you will be ACA or ACCA qualified. You must have previous experience of working within an accountancy practice.
You will have experience of working in a busy accountancy office (not essential for the bookkeeper role) and ideally have gained the following skills:
- Accurate IT skills; proficient in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Have experience using SAGE.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to confidentially, sensitively and diplomatically deal with a range of clients, colleagues and secure information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective personal organisation and time-management; able to use own initiative and work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to occasionally work outside regular office hours when required and undertake general office tasks.
Salary dependent on experience. Please send you CV and accompanying information to Kelly Garrett.
“Why not me?
“Why not now?”
If you feel it’s just the right role for you, talk to us and join our expert, friendly team.